Residential Electrical Inspection Checklist
During electrical inspections, certified electricians will check the safety of all electrical devices in your home by following a checklist. This will include, among other household components, inspecting:
- Circuits: Your electrician will check to see if you have the correct number of circuits to serve the demand of your home—this is especially important if you have added to its existing foundation.
- Wires: Your wires may be old, damaged, or installed incorrectly, which can create a dangerous situation if left unchecked.
- Outlets and switches: Some outlets have poor connections or overheat when in use due to a circuit overload.
- Service Panels: Old or faulty breakers can cause your appliances to stop working, the lights to flicker, or the service panel to blow.
- Electric Meter: Meters can begin to wear and tear over the years, so it’s vital to ensure they’re functioning properly and that they don’t show signs of rust or water damage that could compromise their quality.
Why Do Wires Typically Fail An Electrical Inspection?
- Age: Wires may wear down over time, especially if you installed them long ago. Older wires are also more likely to be made of substandard material or installed with substandard methodologies like knob-and-tube wiring.
- Material: Many homes built in the 60s and 70s have aluminum wiring. Aluminum is considered poor wiring for several reasons. It rusts, breaks, and overheats easier, and it doesn’t integrate well with newer installations.
- Installation: If your wires were installed by non-professionals, or they were installed many years ago, there’s a good chance they were installed incorrectly. Professional inspectors can evaluate whether your original wiring works correctly and recommend how to fix it if it doesn’t.
- Damage: Wires sustain damage for all kinds of reasons. If wires come unseated from their connection points or fray, they could spark and start fires. Inspectors can identify wire damage even in its early stages.
Work With Seattle’s Premier Electrical Company
Leave electrical inspections to the pros! Call Wire Craft Electric or fill out our contact form to schedule a full home inspection to make sure your Seattle home is in good electrical health.
Wire Craft Electric is an award-winning electrical services company that has been serving Seattle, WA and surrounding cities since 2004. We want our customers to feel at ease when they invite us into their home and with No Nonsense Pricing, you can approve the cost before we start any electrical project. All of our licensed electricians arrive with a fully stocked van, that way we can take care of your problem the day we come out. Whatever your electrical concern is, we solve your electrical needs while providing exceptional customer service with a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee.
Serving Your Electrical Needs Throughout the Seattle Area
We are conveniently located in Shoreline WA, making it easy to service clients all around the Seattle Area. Look on the map to see if you are in our service area. We serve the cities of Alderwood Manor, Ballard, Bellevue, Bothell, Brier, Capitol Hill, Everett, Edmonds, Fremont, Kirkland, Lake Forest Park, Lynnwood, Martha Lake, Marysville, Mercer Island, Mill Creek, Mountlake Terrace, Mukilteo, Queen Anne, Redmond, Seattle, Shoreline, and West Seattle.
Give us a call to request your service
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT US